"Family Planning”: An Online Evidence-based Course
Principles of Integration of Family Planning and Counselling, Postpartum FP, Resources and Financing, Effects of Covid-19 on FP, Telemedicine
July 5, 2021 - Geneva
A. Required reading
Go over the following presentations:
- Family planning counselling: An introduction
- Postpartum family planning
- Resources and financing on reproductive health and family planning
- Family planning services during the COVID 19 pandemic
Watch the video on WHO and the development of contraceptive methods.
Watch the video on Human rights and contraception.
- Complete and submit your answers to the multiple-choice questions (MCQs) for the module. You will receive the link to the MCQs by email.
- Complete and submit the individual paperwork assignment.
Additional online resources
- Addressing Human Rights as Key to the COVID-19 Response. WHO; 2020 Apr.
- Adolescents and family planning: what the evidence shows. ICRW; 2014.
- Ali M, Tran NT, Kabra R, Kiare J. Strengthening contraceptive counselling: gaps in knowledge and implementation research. BMJ Sex Reprod Health. 2021 Apr 30.
- COVID-19 resources. International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO).
- Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (3rd Edition, 2018). WHO; 2018.
- Global consensus statement for expanding contraceptive choice for adolescents and youth to include long-acting reversible contraception. FP2020; 2015.
- High-Impact Practices in Family Planning (HIP). Family Planning and Immunization Integration: Reaching postpartum women with family planning services. Washington, DC: USAID; 2013 Jul.
- High Impact Practices in Family Planning (HIPs). Immediate postpartum family planning: A key component of childbirth care. Washington, DC: USAID; 2017 Nov.
- Maintaining essential health services: operational guidance for the COVID-19 context interim guidance. WHO; 2020 Jun.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use, Fifth edition. WHO; 2015.
- Medical Eligibility Criteria Wheel for Contraceptive Use. WHO; 2015.
- Postpartum family planning indicators for routine monitoring in National Health Management Information Systems. MCSP; 2019 Apr.
- Programming strategies for postpartum family planning. WHO; 2013.
- Reducing early and unintended pregnancies among adolescents: evidence brief. WHO; 2017.
- Programmatic Guidance for Sexual and Reproductive Health in Humanitarian and Fragile Settings During COVID-19 Pandemic. IAWG; 2020 Aug.
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (3rd edition 2016). WHO, 2016.
- Self-administration of injectable contraception: information note. WHO; 2020.
- Task sharing to improve access to family planning/contraception: summary brief. WHO; 2017.
- Training Resource Package for Family Planning
- WHO Postpartum Family Planning Compendium