Harmful traditional practices (child marriage and female genital mutilation) prevention and response
March 15, 2021 - Geneva
- Watch the video presentation titled: Harmful traditional practices prevention. Alternatively go over the slide set (slide set with talking points).
- Go over the document titled: Adapting to COVID-19: Pivoting the UNFPA-UNICEF Global Programme to End Child Marriage to respond to the pandemic (UNFPA and UNICEF, 2020).
- Go over the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on FGM technical note titled: COVID-19 disrupting SDG 5.3: eliminating female genital mutilation (UNFPA and UNICEF, 2020).
- Go over the journal paper titled: El-Gibaly O, Aziz M, Abou Hussein S. Health care providers’ and mothers’ perceptions about the medicalization of female genital mutilation or cutting in Egypt: a cross-sectional qualitative study. BMC International Health and Human Rights. 2019 Aug 27;19(1):26.
- Go over the USAID publication titled: “Safe Age of Marriage” in Yemen: fostering change in social norms - a case study (Freij, 2010).
- Expert commentary - Watch the video presentation.
- Submit your paperwork assignment. You will find the assignment for this week’s module at this link:
- WHO. WHO recommendations on adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights. World Health Organization; 2018.