Violence against women and girls: prevention, support and care
March 8, 2021 - Geneva
- Watch the video presentation titled: Violence against women and girls: prevention, support and care. Alternatively go over the slide set (slide set with talking points).
- Go over the WHO publication titled: Global plan of action: health systems address violence against women and girls (WHO, 2016).
- Go over the WHO publication titled: RESPECT women: preventing violence against women (WHO, 2019).
- Go over the WhatWorks publication titled: A rigorous global evidence review of interventions to prevent violence against women and girls - Executive summary (Kerr-Wilson et al., 2020).
- Study the relevant pages of the World Bank document titled: Preventing and responding to gender-based violence in middle and low-income countries: a global review and analysis. The World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 3618 (Bott et al, 2005).
- Go over the journal paper titled: Wirtz AL, Perrin NA, Desgroppes A, Phipps V, Abdi AA, Ross B, Kaburu F, Kajue I, Kutto E, Taniguchi E, Glass N. Lifetime prevalence, correlates and health consequences of gender-based violence victimisation and perpetration among men and women in Somalia. BMJ Global Health. 2018 Jul 1;3(4):e000773.
- Expert commentary – Watch the video presentation.
- Submit your paperwork assignment. You will find the assignment for this week’s module at this link:
- WHO. WHO recommendations on adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights. World Health Organization; 2018.
- WHO. COVID-19 and violence against women: what the health sector/system can do, 7 April 2020. World Health Organization; 2020.